- What can I use Indiid for?
- Indiid.net can be used to log in to other websites on the Internet or on an organisation's internal network. One account on Indiid.net can be used to access many other sites, securely and privately (we only share the information you say we can). Indiid's Single Sign On lets you use you password or other credentials once a day, and then log in to other sites without any more effort.
- Which websites can I log in to with Indiid?
- Indiid can be used to log in to any website that supports Persona or OpenID [These protocols have not been enabled yet on Indiid.net - we plan to make them available soon] and any website that supports SAML when both it and Indiid have been configured to trust each other. Many 'cloud' business services support SAML, and SAML is widely used by education and research resources and organisations. You can see a list of some of the available websites on Indiid Explore.
- Can I access all education and research websites?
- No - you can only access eresources that have been configured to accept Indiid.net
andeither permit free access or have a licensing agreement with Indiid.net. We hope to arrange paid access to many more research websites, but these will require an additional payment.
- Why can't I use old Internet Explorer web browsers?
- We won't stop you from trying to use old Internet Explorer web browsers but they may not work correctly; they have numerous bugs, incompatibilities and security weaknesses. IE10 and above should work fine, as Microsoft have made a lot of changes to bring their browsers back up to a decent level. If you are using Windows XP and can't upgrade to a more recent Windows or switch to using Linux then you should try Google's Chrome.
- Is there a free plan?
- No, we currently only provide paid accounts. We need a way to pay our bills and other sources of income would conflict with the sort of service we want to provide.
- Can I change my subscription plan later?
- Yes. Your account settings let you change your subscription plan whenever you want.
- Can I cancel a subscription?
- Yes. After cancelling you have the choice of keeping the inactive account or deleting it.
- Do you store card details securely?
- We don't store them at all - we use Pin Payments to securely manage your details. We don't have any access to your payment information.
- What payment options are available?
- You can pay by Visa and Mastercard credit or debit cards. We can also accept annual subscriptions by cheque or bank transfer - please contact us for details if this would be useful.
- Your prices are in pounds. Can I pay in dollars?
- You should be able to pay using your credit card from anywhere in the world, although you might be charged a small transaction fee.
- What do you mean by multi-step authentication? Is that the same as two factor?
- A 'factor' is something you own, something you are, or something you know. Using a password and a Yubikey would be one
- Can I use two-factor authentication with the Basic subscription?
- Yes, if you choose to log in with a single credential type that uses two factors. The Yubikey With PIN, Password With IP Address or a smartphone credential would count as two-factor. You won't be able to use two login stages to combine two different credentials unless you upgrade.
- Where can I get a Yubikey?
- You can order Yubikeys from the Yubico Store